- Applicants must either be residents of Livermore or
a graduate of one of Livermore’s high schools.
- Applications must be received by July 1, although applications
may be considered at other times under special circumstances.
Loans will granted once a year. A typical loan award is between
$1000 and $2500. A student may apply for additional loans in subsequent years.
- The loan awards committee will determine the amount of each loan based on funds available, number of applicants, and each applicant’s need.
- Is a SELF loan going to make a difference financially?
Applicant’s high school or college transcripts should show
reasonable academic progress.
- Resourcefulness – an indication that the student is attempting
to carry some of the financial burden by working and/or saving.
- Community service.
- Degree of need – special circumstances that could be
considered, e.g. number of children in family, employment status of parent(s).
Download an application.